Close

Thread: Vhnd

Thanks

Vhnd

VHND trying to hose things down.

VHND.
    Despite rampant rumors, still no official confirmation of new Van Halen album
    Monday, 9 August 2010

The rumor mill went into overdrive today when Yahoo’s top story on their homepage was about the new album that Van Halen is going to supposedly release next year. The story read, in part:

‘Guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his brother, drummer Alex Van Halen, released a statement saying, “[Van Halen] is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011.”‘

The only problem with Yahoo’s story is that it’s not true! Yahoo must have assumed that Van Halen wrote or at least okayed the error-ridden press release from Warner/Chappell, which included one sentence about an album that’s “due for release in 2011. But the band had nothing to do with that statement. In fact, there were so many errors in that press release that one should take the little Van Halen update that it contained with a grain of salt.

This reminds us of what happened a month ago when Rolling Stone wrongly said that Janie Van Halen “denied” the rumors of a new album, when in reality she simply said, “What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don’t have any updates at this time.” That’s essentially a “No comment,” not a denial.

Yahoo’s story was picked up by Perezhilton.com & many other websites today. This is sloppy journalism and it just proves two things:

1) There’s a lot of people in the world who really want more music from Van Halen!

2) You shouldn’t believe everything you read, even if it comes from Yahoo, Rolling Stone, or Warner Bros.

We at the Van Halen News Desk know that fans are getting very excited about all the rumors about a new album, but we just want to make sure that people understand that the band hasn’t promised or said anything. We don’t want people to be disappointed if next year comes and goes without an album from Van Halen. Stay tuned!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

hmm not sure what he knows we talked a bit back in December and he ask me about the statement i made here i told him yes and no on all what he asked, but honestly we have to wait and see. I know before I heard anything there was no news on them what so ever back than there was nothing no studio rumors, etc. nothing untill i got word they were in the studio doing something although there wasnt really full time they were there working. i heard some stuff and i told you guys on what i heard i was lucky to call at the right time, Ed was mixing a few tracks and i heard it over his studio speakers at that time Dave wasnt there but it was Alex Wolf and Ed and it sounded pretty good it had that old feel to it with a modern edge it was very good best than anything that was done in years i never ask him the the names of them but they were pretty hot shit. Right now all Im saying is wait and see you be all surprise when you hear it and think yea Ben was right :) Just stay tuned ...
    "Two burritos, and a root beer float"

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...WORDS TO LIVE BY
    "I don't like violence, I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense."
    Being stupid is not smart...:P

Thanks
    Ben your always right chap. Looking forward to hearing it. Its gonna be a good 2011 Van Halen and the Foot releasing new material.. Maybe they could tour together??

Hang on whats that...................... You say pigs can now fly!! ;-)
    'Then I kissed her on her daddies boat and shot accross the lake!!!' -DLR

Thanks

Here's my two cents worth/theory...

Van Halen IS going to get out an album and tour in 2011, and Eddie's bonehead of a wife/PR manager couldn't "manage" to get out ahead of the story, which obviously Warner would promote once they signed a deal with the VH bros. Seriously, VH needs a professional publicist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrebel View Post
    Ben your always right chap. Looking forward to hearing it. Its gonna be a good 2011 Van Halen and the Foot releasing new material.. Maybe they could tour together??

Hang on whats that...................... You say pigs can now fly!! ;-)
    Like I said before: we will get to see/hear the best of three worlds. 2011 will be the year VH, Chickenfoot and Extreme will release a new studio album. And I already know these will be the 3 best ones of 2011. Which will be the best, you ask? My bet is on Extreme!

Thread Information